My passion is helping parents find sound, compassionate ways to welcome their babies into the world and into their lives. I love my work with new families. It’s immensely gratifying to me when I can help parents like you make this transition to your new life with your little one. I feel that my work as a postpartum doula, independent babywearing consultant, and infant massage instructor has a profound and immediate positive effect on people’s lives. Thank you for taking the time to consider contacting me.
I am a work at home mother of two small children in Silver Spring, MD. Caring for new families is my second career. Before this, I was a corporate warrior specializing in managing organizational communication and regulatory compliance and hold two degrees in business. As my first career progressed, I knew that I needed to move into a line of work that had more heart and benefited people directly. After my first child was born and our family experienced colic and the confusion of trying to help our son, I realized that a career in postpartum care was the path I’d been looking for.
My training and education includes:
- The Fussy Baby Institute FAN Training, The Erikson Institute Fussy Baby Network
- Certified Postpartum Doula (CPD), Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA)
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM), Infant Massage USA
- Certified Prenatal Bonding Facilitator, BOND University
- Master of Science Nonprofit Management, Magna Cum Laude, The Spertus Institute, Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Science Technical Management, Cum Laude, Devry University
- Sacred Belly Bind + Sacred Sealing Training – Sacred Pregnancy.
- Infant Mental Health Community Training Program - IMHP Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada (expected completion date 4/2015)
- Lactation Consultant Training Program, Lactation Education Resources (expected certification date 2016)